Sunday, May 8, 2011

The ballerina

Sticking to the theme of footwear, I simply have to report about the little princess of all shoes.
I must admit, I did not always admire her. When my mother started collecting these utterly adorable, always amazingly comfortable and highly versatile little ladies, I considered her old-fashioned. It was not until 4-5 years ago that I finally came to appreciate the sophistication and elegance of the ballerina.
When in doubt about what to wear as an accompaniment to your outfit - to the office, to a party, to a lunch, for a run downtown or on vacation - the ballerina is always the right choice. She will be your loyal, quiet and good-looking partner, never letting you down even after a long working day or a busy day outside.
Let me introduce you to the list of my favorites. Oh là là!

These little beauties were found on www.asos.com

Pretty ballerinas never cease to impress me. Their choice combined with affordability is fabulous.

Since Catherine Deneuve wore hers in "Belle do Jour", these are considered classic. No wonder.

Tod' is always a great choice. Their comfort and quality are exceptional.

As already reported, Unuetzer's recent colorful collections are a must-have for any lady.

Zara offers affordable and always stylish ballet flats - this year in great bright colors.

Just like Roger Vivier, Ferragamo's Varina has become famous thanks to a true style icon- Audrey Hepburn.

Finally, Marni offers a beautiful ballerina with bows - on both ends! AAAH

1 comment: