Thursday, June 30, 2011

Take a trip with TASCHEN


Oh I just love these lazy Sunday afternoons for their peace and stillness. I love having no engagements and I  have never anything close to a stressing "to do"- list on such an afternoon. The reason is because this precious spot of my week is respectfully reserved for my most beloved routine - which involves   three   crucial if not indespensable elements: a home made café latte, a piece of pie and - what else - a great book.And while on most such occassions, I typically enjoy reading a great novel, once in a while I long for a book that can take me to a whole new world. This is why I fell absolutely  head over heels for this genious edition of TASCHEN which includes tomes about the most thrilling and glamorous cities in the world - Berlin, London, New York and - naturally - Paris.
Let me warn you, however. These are not typical pocket travel guides you can drop in your purse to accompany you on a stroll on the Champs-Elysées or to the Times Square. Nor do these guides include such trivial places of interest. No - no. These books are compilations of the hottest, coolest and most desired spots you need to pay a visit to when travelling to these cities. So do not consult them if you have never been to the above mentioned places. Look inside when you are ready to experience them as a native NewYorker or Parisian. They will take you to the most stylish hotels; restaurants only known to natives or insiders; and to shops you will not dare forget.
Beautifully designed and illustrated, these books will be your loyal friend on a coffee table, in your home office, your bathroom or next to your bed - and make you want to leave that comfy couch to buy a ticket for the next train to .....

See for yourself:




http://www.taschen.com/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment