Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gone with the wind

One of the brightest, most festive and glamorous memories of my childhood is most certainly the day my mom brought me to a beautiful movie theater to see "Gone With the Wind".
This movie theater was one of those from the older days: the red velvet curtain disguised the screen; the almost decadent stucco on the ceiling gave the space grace and majesty; the beautiful golden chandeliers on the walls complemented the room with elegance.
Even now, more than 20 years later I reminisce about that feeling of pure excitement and impatient anticipation. Sitting in that comfortable chair, thrilled to see those curtains part at last and watch one of the most classic and classy; colorful and dramatic motion pictures of all times.
Thanks to this memory, "Gone With the Wind" - along with its pitoresque costumes; Scarlett's coquettish and spoiled ways and Rhett's passionate cynicism - will remain one of my all-time favorites.
I might want to re-watch this one tomorrow night!







1 comment:

  1. I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts.
    Large Crystal Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete