Friday, July 29, 2011

Sound of Paris

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain is another favorite of mine. Okay, okay, I won't elaborate on how this is an absolute must-see /-watch/-adore movie for any lady. I won't elucidate how this film lead to the discovery of one of the most adorable, enchanting french actresses - the personification of french femininity, fragility and elegance - Audrey Tautou.
Let me just mention, that my firm belief is that one of the most significant success factors of this movie is most certainly its musical accompaniment.
When I studied French in Nice, I remember waking up to my "host brother's" piano performances of Comptine d'un autre été (Track Number 4) across the wall - which rendered any morning marvellous. Till now, I think these are some of my most memorable experiences of the french culture - the reason I fell head over heels for it.
The impeccable Yann Tiersen - a composer from Bretagne - has accomplished a soundtrack so very divine; at times dominant, at times subtle yet always carrying the mood of each and every scene in the most enriching manner.
It's a mixture of folk music, chanson, musette and pop and is the perfect setting to contemplate Paris. If Paris had its own sound, this is what I would hear.


www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment